Thursday, April 2, 2015

Nothing on My To-Do List

I did not work for years.

Let me rephrase that. I stayed home with my three children for years, and did not hold a job outside the home.

About a year ago, I started freelance writing, which I am still thankful to be able to work on from home, but it has caused an upheaval in my daily routine. Forced to involve my kids in chores and more carefully plan my reading time, I have become accustomed to planning my day around what needs to be written today.

Since we are planning a family vacation, I put a hold on any new orders coming in. I just finished the last one. There is officially nothing on my to-do list, and I feel a little lost.

Does this mean I am going to have to do housework? Would it be lazy to spend time reading when I will soon be on vacation anyway? I am astounded that I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.

But it also feels nice, quite nice.

What did you do the last time you were free of responsibilities and could relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment